Chloe Ward, Reepham High School and College (18333), 3219

Friday 13 September 2013

Locations

In my video, I will use a variety of locations, as this will be reflective of the fact that the character is an active, sociable teenager.
I will definitely be filming at a skate park at some point. If I film it outside, I will use North Walsham Skate Park (see left). It has a lot of spaces where I could stand in order to get good shots. However, I have to be realistic with timing and also the weather at that time of year - in late October, it will get dark early, and may rain. I have to be considerate of the time of day too, as the sun may cast shadows in places I don't want them to be.
I could also film it at the skate park in Aylsham. This is a smaller park, however, with smaller ramps and hence the shots might not be as interesting. There are less trees around it though, which might be beneficial as it's less likely my shots will be obscured by any shadows from that.
Another possible location for shooting Max on his BMX is to use the Charge Unit in Norwich. It is an indoor skating location, and Max is friendly with the owners and works there on occasion. It is probably a better location in the sense that I will be able to get lots of good shots of him with constant light - from the floodlights above. If I film it in an indoors location then I can use the higher quality cameras too.
In terms of the shots that won't be including any BMX-ing, I will be shooting around Aylsham.
This shot shows Burgh Road in Aylsham, which is a dimly lit and fairly clear in the evenings. I think it will be an interesting setting and as the road only bends off slightly I think I may be able to have images of Max running down the road.
I also am contemplating using a beach in my video, especially in the intro, to help contrast the good things associated with the line "we're not alone in this cold town, light up the background, light up the background", to the negative things experienced in the chorus.

I decided that I would film a fairly small part of the video on a beach; I will use Mundesley beach in particular because it is fairly close to my house and a location I know quite well. I will use a less commercial part of the beach as there should therefore be less people around (even though it will already be quieter than average due to the time of year). The shots here will be quite short and I won't take many since this is a relatively small aspect of the video.


2 comments:

  1. Include screen grabs of google images to plot locations and distances between them. Make references to other music videos that you have seen using similar locations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I updated this post to add a map which plotted locations and distances between them, which can be viewed here: http://chloewarda2media.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/locations-in-more-detail.html

    ReplyDelete