Chloe Ward, Reepham High School and College (18333), 3219

Friday 7 February 2014

Rough Draft of Digipak Design

I created a rough draft of my digipak in Adobe InDesign. I took three of the four images myself; the one used for the disc space is not mine, but something I used to fill the space until I could make it to the location again to take more photos.

I created two mock ups; one on A3 paper and the other on A4. They were therefore two different sizes but in doing this they were easy to compare. I like the look of the front and back cover and I like the two images a lot. The inner left hand side has an image taken from the remainder of the photo I took and edited for the back. I think this works well considering the order in which we usually look through a digipak.
The image on the disc tray is not something I will be trying to emulate in my final construction. I don't think this fits in with the other images and so I will be revisiting the location this weekend to take pictures which will be more suited to the theme running through the product.
Of course my real version will also be more polished; there are overlaps on this one currently, and the folding for the smaller version was not as neat as I would like it to have been. However, for a first draft I am fairly happy with the digipak and I will be working to make what I have so far look better and more clean.
The image here shows the filled in template I used in InDesign to create the digipak. I followed guidelines to ensure the product would fold properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment